So, Thanksgiving is two days away and I have seen a lot of people on social media doing these sort of “be thankful for something every day in November” thingys, but of course I would do mine differently. Besides, there are thirty days in November and that’s a lot of thankfulness to make up, I mean have. Here instead I will word vomit on you, our readers, about the things I am thankful for. They are not in any particular order. Honest. Some of these are mushy; some are completely shallow. But all of them are true.
May I present to you, WL’s things she is thankful for, then:
- My hair. I am thankful that I mostly have pretty fantastic hair. It makes me happy. This is the longest I’ve had my hair since I was in college. File this one under shallow, whatever.
- Shoes. All of them. The ones I buy and the ones I don’t because they all make me smile. Some shoes are just so beautiful they are like little works of art.
- The Great Purge of 2012. Getting rid of the bullshit in your life is so fucking fantastic.
- My assistant. She has made the transition to this job so much easier than it might have been. And she does not care that I have a potty mouth.
- Bitchylibrarian. You knew she’d be on this list, right? Bitchy is the bestest friend ever because she’s the kind of friend who will totally be honest with you, drive across the country with you, taste your bourbon, endure the torture of ALA, day drink, take care of the stuff you can’t do, listen to your break downs, ride the train, and learn to even watch college football with your screaming face. B, I love youuuuuuuuuuuuuu.
- My gram. Even though she drives me nuts.
- The people who love me. There are a few people, believe it or not, who love me no matter what, I think. Feeling accepted and loved is important to every person, but I have serious abandonment issues (feel free to read other posts for evidence) and so having had some stability from people in my life has been really great this year…even if they are far away.
- J. Thank you for always making me see the good in myself. <3
- Florida Football. I love, love, love college football and even when my Gators suck, have no offense, have more penalties than should be legally allowed, lose to fucking Georgia, and whatever else, I love them. I love Saturdays in the fall.
- My fur babies. Some nights there is nothing better than a motor next to my head. My oldest cat has been the most loyal man in my life for thirteen years.
- Laughing. There are few better feelings than a seriously good laugh with good friends and people you care about and I have had A LOT of those this year.
- Scruff. It has been so good having a best friend across the pond. I am so proud of you. May the next year include bubbles and wine.
- My drive. I am thankful that I have the confidence in myself to know that I can be awesome at my career and go for the things I want without being completely full of shit and incapable (like so many people I’ve seen) of leading. I am a good bosslady. There, I said it.
- Wine. I think this needs no other explanation.
- PB (who has a zillion nicknames but deserves this one the mostest). The adorableness is off the charts. Thank you, thank you, thank you for always listening, encouraging, helping and all of the other things you do for me. I don’t think I could have interviewed, negotiated, or accepted this job without you. You mean so much.
- Twitter. Because it gave me so many people that I care about. Even on the days I hate it, I still have those people.
- Private things. I am thankful most of all for the things that I choose to keep private.
- New beginnings. New place, new job, new year, new life, new people. So much love for all of it.
So that’s not everything I am thankful for, but it’s enough. Now, go and tell someone you are thankful for them. And mean it.